Attempting to install and set up the latest released version of the QuickBooks software but falling flat at it? Or are you bumping into the “QB error code 1903 message” while installing the downloaded QuickBooks file in your system?
We can feel your frustration! At Accounting Assist 24, we frequently meet distressed clients failing to understand why they are facing this QB update error code or how to solve the QuickBooks glitch.
So, we curated this detailed guide to assist our dear readers in easily getting rid of this annoying error code message while updating the QuickBooks software. Follow this guide till the end and discover how to troubleshoot the QB update error code like a pro.
If you like you need a helping or expert hand to help you put a stop to the QB update error code issues, feel free to connect with the team of Accounting Assist 24!
An Overview Of The QuickBooks Software Update Error Code “1903”
You may run into this QB update error code in the QuickBooks accounting program usually while upgrading the software. Myriad factors may be the cause behind the QuickBooks update and installation error code. But most prominently, problems with the Microsoft component .NET framework are considered the main instigating point behind the QuickBooks update error code.
To know about the other possible factors initiating the QB update error 1903 in the QuickBooks software, go thoroughly through the next section!
Prompting Factors Sparking The QuickBooks Software Update And Installation Error 1903
Here are the factors responsible for fanning the flames of the QuickBooks update error code 1903 in the QB software –
- Erroneously downloading the QuickBooks software update file from a corrupted link or not as per the recommended way.
- The Microsoft components or the Windows file quintessential for seamlessly running the QuickBooks software are corrupted or not running properly.
- QuickBooks accounting software takes the help of the Microsoft component .NET framework to update and install its files in the system. If there are faults and defects in the .NET framework component, the QuickBooks update error 1903 message may show up.
Expert And Effectual Solutions To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Software Update Error Code 1903
- Employ The Install Diagnostic Repair Tool From The QB Tool Hub
The QB Tool Hub repair program of Intuit contains a wide range of helpful fixing tools that can help users nip the bud off QuickBooks errors without any hassle. This Intuit repair program hosts a number of repairing programs to troubleshoot every kind of error that users face in accounting software.
The QB Tool Hub repair tool has the Install Diagnostic fixing program to address and solve issues related to the update and installation of QuickBooks files. Here are the steps to get rid of the QB update and install the error code with the aid of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic repair tool –
- Go to the official website of Intuit and make sure to download the latest released version of the Tool Hub repair program.
- The Internet Explorer search browser saves the downloaded files and data of the QuickBooks software in the “Downloads” folder by default. Now, you will have to find and set up the downloaded file of the Tool Hub repair program on your system. To do that, tap on the keys Ctrl and J to get directed to the “Downloads” folder of Internet Explorer.
- On the download list of Internet Explorer, you will see the Tool Hub installed file with the .exe file extension.
- Before you set up the Tool Hub repair program on your system, you have to tap on Yes to allow the QB repair tool to make changes in your system.
- In the next step, choose the option to Install the Tool Hub repair program and agree with the terms and conditions of the repair tool by tapping Yes.
- Keep on pressing Yes and then finally on Install to successfully set up the QB Tool Hub repair program on your system.
- Once the QB Tool Hub repair program is set up on your system, open the installed tool from your system desktop to run the repair tool on your system.
- After opening the Tool Hub repair program on your system, tap on the Installation Issues button, and from there, head over to the QB Install Diagnostic Repair Tool.
- Allow some time for your system to configure and run the Install Diagnostic Tool successfully on your PC.
- To permit the Install Diagnostic repair tool to fix and solve the QuickBooks installation errors, you need to agree with these terms and conditions and then run the program.
- Once the QB Install Diagnostic programs finishes scanning and fixing the QuickBooks installation errors, restart your computer.
Upgrade The Windows Of Your System If Outdated
As stated regularly in our guides, updating your Windows OS system to the latest-released updates is essential if you want to keep away from bugs and issues. Keeping your Windows OS system regularly updated can also help QuickBooks users resolve installation-related errors faced in the accounting software.
Here are the steps to upgrade your Windows System to get rid of the QB update and installation error –
- Go to the Windows Start menu and then tap on the Settings option to upgrade Windows.
- In the next step to update Windows, tap on the “Update And Security” option.
- Now, you must head over to the Windows Update window and tap the Check For Updates option.
- If you see any brand-new updates for your Windows OS system, tap on the Install option and then restart your PC once the updates are installed.
Restart Your PC Via The Windows Selective Startup Feature
The selective startup feature of Windows lets users download and install QuickBooks updates erroe 1903 without allowing third-party programs to affect the update. Here are the steps with the help of which you can reboot your PC in selective startup mode and install the QuickBooks updates successfully –
- Go to the Windows Start menu and access the Windows Run Dialogue box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- The Windows Run Dialogue box will show up on your screen from where you can search the windows startup modes. To get access to the Selective Startup feature of Windows, search for “msconfig” and select Ok.
- Now, you will have to head over to the General window and choose the Windows Selective Startup mode.
- Make sure the “load startup” option in your Windows OS system is disabled and then tap Ok.
- On the next prompt window, select the Reboot PC button to restart your PC through the selective start-up option.
- Once the system restarts through the Windows Selective Startup feature, perform a clean install of the QuickBooks accounting software to solve the QB installation error 1903. After you are done successfully re-installing the QuickBooks software via the Windows Selective Startup feature, switch back your system to normal mode with these steps –
- Go to the Windows Start menu and access the Windows Run Dialogue box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously. The Windows Run Dialogue box will show up on your screen from where you can search the windows startup modes. To get access to the Selective Startup feature of Windows, search for “msconfig” and select Ok.
- Upgrade The Windows Of Your System If Outdated
Errors in the QuickBooks software like the above-discussed “QuickBooks installation error code 1903” may seem harmless in the beginning. But, as time goes by, more technical glitches and issues may show up and you may end up losing vital files and data from the QuickBooks accounting software.
So, we highly insist you troubleshoot the QB installation error code sooner than later. You can try out any of the methods mentioned above to get rid of the QuickBooks update error without the help of professionals.
Or, you can troubleshoot the QB update error expertly and quickly without losing valuable business hours. To do that, book an appointment with the certified accounting professionals from Accounting Assist 24 TODAY
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What issues can I face because of the QuickBooks update and install error?
Running programs may crash in the middle of the work process, the system may slothfully respond to the inputs, or your QuickBooks software may refuse to run in the system.
2. How do I easily fix and troubleshoot installation-related errors in the QuickBooks software?
- Employ the Install Diagnostic Repair Tool from the QB Tool Hub
- Upgrade the Windows of your system if outdated
- Restart your PC via the Windows Selective Startup feature
- Disable the security software protection from your system temporarily